The summer is over, and we’re standing at the start line with renewed strength. This is true metaphorically but also literally, because Gerben Broekhuijsen has joined our team, starting 1 September. With an enormous track record in the construction sector, Gerben is eager to make even more of an impact in his new role as a consultant.
Are you curious about Gerben? Following the tradition, we asked him 5 questions to give you a quick introduction.
- Describe yourself in 3 words: Curious, creative and adaptable
- What is your unique quality in the team? I am a connector with a broad network and a mix of experience in designing and realizing complex construction and installation projects. I also have a natural urge to use new ideas, innovations and techniques, and I like to think outside the box.
- Why did you choose Copper8? In my previous job, I had a successful collaboration with Copper8. It’s a really fun team working on a great mission. Personally, I wanted to work somewhere where ‘impact first’ is really internalized, and where I could have the opportunity to be a driver and pioneer for a circular economy.
- What is your dream project? In my dream project, sustainability ambitions and circular building principles are considered integral (including from an installation technology perspective 😉). Everyone in the building process, from architect to carpenter, is then involved in making it a reality. Ultimately there’s a demonstrable change that is visible (and measurable) for everyone on the construction site itself!
- Where can we find you when you’re not making the world a better place? In addition to spending a lot of time with my family, I like sports (basketball), cooking and reading. But you’ll most likely find me in my vegetable garden, where I mainly grow special chili pepper plants.